As you know, my summer goals include all things data visualizations. In my search for learning and inspiration, I stumbled across the podcast Data Stories. With my 32-minute commute to work everyday, listening to hosts Moritz and Enrico on Data Stories is perfect. I first got hooked on an episode with Miriah Meyer about exploratory data viz tools. Imagine talking about data visualizations, data tools, and methods with your friends – that’s Data Stories. Was Miriah’s research waaaaay beyond me?? Yes. BUT it was so enjoyable to listen their banter AND it gave me lot of ideas, so I was drawn back to DS for more.
Here’s why I like it:
- Data + friendship = my favorite
- Cataloged points in each episode, so you can pick and choose the parts of an individual episode you want to listen to – just visit their website. Some of the episode topics are over my head, so this is a useful tool!
- Learn, get inspired, and brainstorm ideas all while on your way to work
- Resources galore – they always provide related and discussed links from each episode on their website – very handy!
- You can subscribe (read: automatic updates! no thinking invovled!)
See you next week!